I’ve talked about this before and I’ll say it again… I have a strict policy on what I make for holiday decor. With the exception of a few Christmas items, I don’t want to store big decor items all year long. So these pillow cases are perfect! Easy to make and easy to store. I usually just sub out the cases on pillows I already have, when holidays come around.
First, lets gather your supplies:
- 2 – 20′ by 20′ pillow cases. (Gurli from Ikea – $4)
- Contrast fabric for the letters. Twill works well with these Ikea cases. It’s a similar texture and weight.
Let’s get started:
- First prep your design files in Cricut Design Space. I used these files, and your welcome to use them!
- “Make It” – follow the directions in Design Space and cut out your ‘X’ and ‘O’.
- Spray the wrong side of the letters with Spray Adhesive. I used Therm O Web Spray-n-Bond Adhesive. Make sure your spray it on thick and even.
- Iron the letters in place. See adhesive for required time.
- Trim any fraying edges around your letters.
- Optional: Edge stitch around the letters. This is optional, but generally a good idea if you want these to last longer and fray a little less. Make sure you’re only sewing through the top layer of the pillow.
- You’re done! I usually stuff the 20′ by 20′ down pillows from Ikea that I already have on my couch all year long. I just sub out the cases for various holidays.
I hope you enjoyed this easy tutorial! If you have any questions, leave them in the comments. Thank you.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cricut. The opinions and text are all mine.